It’s official. North Carolina has just confirmed its first Swine Flu death coming from a patient at a Greensboro hospital. A statement from official at Moses Cone Health said that the patient died Friday at Wesley Long Community Hospital in Greensboro. The hospital system says the patient recently had a heart procedure and returned to the hospital several days after being released. The patient was in critical condition with severe pneumonia and died hours later.
After the victim’s death on Friday the state reported that after his hospitalization he was tested at the State Laboratory of Public Health and was confirmed having the swine flu infection. “My sympathy goes out to the family of North Carolina’s first fatality in connection with the H1N1 virus,” said Gov. Bev Perdue. “Our state health officials are responding forcefully to the threat posed by H1N1, and we must remain vigilant in preventing the spread of this virus.”
So far there have been 179 cases in North Carolina. Here in Eastern Carolina Carteret has two cases, Craven County with 9, Duplin County with 3, Lenoir County & Martin counties has two each, Northampton County with 1, Onslow and Pitt counties with 4 each, Wayne County with two and Wilson County has 7 cases.
About the Editors: Shapiro, Cooper,Lewis & Appleton personal injury law firm is based in Virginia (VA), near the NE North Carolina (NC) border and handles car, truck, railroad, and medical negligence cases and more. Our lawyers proudly edit the Virginia Beach Injuryboard, Norfolk Injuryboard, and Northeast North Carolina Injuryboard as a pro bono public information service. Lawyers licensed in: VA, NC, SC, WV, DC, KY.